What is this all about?

This is all about two diaphanous young strumpets gallivanting across Europe for the month of July.

Armed only with an Interrail pass, a backpack, a large roll-along suitcase and a detailed itinerary, these arresting youths will seek out culture, history and entertainment, and attempt to experience it all on a minute budget.

Tuesday 15 April 2008

The Point of No Return

Our Route Illustrated
Click the picture for a full size version.

Meg here. Personally, the point of no return for this trip was the moment Mojo walked into Starbucks and put this route plan down in front of me. Don't get me wrong; beforehand I was pretty much up for the trip, but as soon as I saw the vivid colours and whimsical fonts I was drawn in and hooked - like a junkie, or a moth to a flame. I suppose both of those scenarios end rather unpleasantly. Perhaps I should liken the plan, less ominously, to a board game. A thrilling board game to satisfy my inner child. While I'm on the topic - am I mistaken or was the scotty dog clearly the best piece to command in Monopoly? I mean who wants to be the BOOT? or the WHEELBARROW? I just spoke to Mojo - she used to want to be the dog, but has now lost her mind and wants to be the top hat or the boot. I digress. So long story short, fascinated, I agreed to go to Europe. I'm distracted as Mojo is blowing bubbles at me and I had to have a break from typing to clap at them to try to destroy them. We have agreed to blow bubbles at people in Europe to confuse and scare them.


We're looking at the STA travel leaflet, an interrail pass is now £305. Not that bad, but the leaflet is - it makes interrailing look like the most boring venture available in the wacky world of other mental crazy travel options like... tram, and.. donkey travel. Tram and Donkey interlink by way of meerkat taxi. We're planning on booking our uber-super passes this week before we go back to Uni. We also want to book all of the hostels (we have a line-up) and whatever else we can book, on our own on . We're booking passes with a lovely soul called Matt or something from STI travel. He was trying to impress us with his expertise and air of experience and suggested that we shouldn't pre-book anything. However, we had already decided that we know what we want to do, where we want to go and what we want to see; and I know that people can just hang around in a place for ages because they enjoy it, and miss out on other things. And though a month seems like a long time, it isn't! We have high expectations for this trip, and myriad aims and aspirations to fulfil (see our previous post). OK I've written enough - time to go. Hasta la vista, ciao, bye.

Meg x


1 comment:

phill said...

good on you I hope you had a great trip rucksacks with wheels